Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Honest To Blog - I'm Lucy and I'm Fat


It's been quite a year for me. A lot of really great stuff as happened, along with some really bad stuff. But, mostly good. I think the most important and wonderful breakthrough that I've had this year has happened just in the last few months. So, while I've never really been too concerned about what other people think of me, I have always had a body issue. Don't get me wrong, I've never wanted to be a stick insect, but I've always thought that I was too heavy, that my butt was too big, or my knees look gross. That if I could only get to a size 12, I would be sorta normal. And so, for most of this year I've been dieting. I've been denying myself something with I enjoy, wholeheartedly, over everything; food. And, I suddenly realised that I don't want to do that anymore. I LOVE eating. I LOVE food. So, why am I trying to make myself unhappy by not doing something I enjoy? I've fallen in love with my body and the way I look. YEP I AM IN LOVE WITH ME! and it's taken me 28 years to realise that i'm actually pretty damn happy with the way I look. I actually don't want to change that much. I've even grown to love my knees :) 

My knees. With 2 bunnies and a cat.

The most important part of life is being happy and healthy. And that is what I am striving for. None of this diet crap. DIETS SUCK! everyone knows that, but being healthy and feeling great in the body you've got is fantasic. And anyway who thinks otherwise can fuck off. I come from a family of eaters. A family who loves and appreciates food, who loves to cook, and I am that person, so why try to change me? I have a man that loves the way I look, loves every single bit of me, tells me how beautiful and sexy I am everyday. And, you know what? I believe him every time he says it. Because I am.


I mean sure, there are always times when you're going to get down about they way you look, unfortunately that's the way we've been taught to behave, and it's hard to let those things go, to forge a new way of thinking, but that's why I'm going to do. I've gained lots of inspiration from other bloggers on fat acceptance and loving you for you, and it's great that I'm not the only one who is thinking this way, and I love it. 



Now, i'm not talking about being a couch potato and eating junk. That's not what this is about, being active is great for mind and body, and I love walking, but I'm not going to starve myself any longer. Limiting yourself to 1200 calories a day, is starvation, and it's fucked. Eat well, eat food you love, and BE HAPPY! 

I'm Lucy. I'm fat, and I fucking love it.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy Glad you're feeling so upbeat about yourself. And I must say I love the color of your hair. pop over for a cocktail any time!
    www.cocktailsatnaptime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete